Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh   20 September 2015

Ancestral property

Respected Sir,

My great grand father had some property which was partitioned after 5 yrs of my birth, is it ancestral property for me? will i get any share if i move to the honourable court? since my grand father sold some of the above property and gave rest property to my uncle only through a will, can i make a claim in the sold property and the property mentioned in the will?

Pls help me.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 September 2015

If the status of the proerty in the hands of Grandfather is self acquired then he can give it to anyone in his lifetime in any manner as it pleases to him.

You may show all docs on record  pertaining to the proeprty to an able lawyer specializing in family/revenue/property/civil matters.

srinivas (Software engineer)     21 September 2015

Hi Sir,

This is about my cousin sister.

They are 2,  borother and sister.

Her father died in 2008 and father being a govt employee, and she being a minor  her  brother took the job and all benifits  father got as an emplyee.  Brother promised her all the justice.

Later she got married as  minor and her brother also got married.  Mother promised daughter  amount in cash and  house.   Bother also agreed.  And mother fell ill and both spent amount for the  hospitilization of mother.

Mother died with out any thing given to her  daughter and  brother being the family head  promised to sister  monetory benifits and  share in ansestoral propety.

He  spent all the money that came from fathers detha and took job.

There ar 3 propeties father and mother aquired. they  did not make any will. (

1) One is registered  land,

2)one is family aquired property and

3) one is promised property with just a single document notary.

Brothe sold  3 property  for an unknown amount (greater than 10,00,000) without consent of sister.

Reently bother died due to Illness, with a dangerous disease.  His wife is not leting her take anything except  propetry (2).

But all the monetry benifity her father/mother promised and the  parental property is what I she is asking ( property 2 + some money ). Can she get what she is asking for.

She is minor when  she signed NOC for Job.

Her brother mis used all the money more than 20,00,000/-  and due to bad habits  did not do  job properly.

Please advice whether she can  fight the case forward.

Can she get property (2) +some money

Thank you

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 September 2015

It is beleived that you are Hindu.

The father has died in 2008 and thus succession has opened in 2008 and minor daughter is elgible for equal share. She is major now and file for partition and her share in all assets.

A registered family settlement deed arrived upon amicably shall be quick and best option.

Approach local lawyer well versed in family/property/civil matters.

yogesh   23 September 2015

Sir,

i find out that my grand father sold two ancestral porperties without our consent and he died last year, can i do something now? pls help me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register