Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin gatagat ( agencies)     22 December 2019

ancentral property

dear sir
my grandfather made a will before death in that will they made ancentral property divination. as I am not leaving with my parents I demanded for share in 1200 square feet ancentral property .
after there death my uncle n father mutually devided ancentral property. and my father taken 300 sq feet share instead of 600 in 1200 square feet ..and my uncle having 900 square feet .
now as my father getting 300 s feet . I am getting only 150s.feet share instead of 300 .. can I challenge the will

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 December 2019

You are not pointed in the contents of WILL... When the property partitined ?

Shashi Dhara   22 December 2019

Your g.f cannot give ancestral property thru will.he can dispose his share thru will. So you can challenge the validity of well.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 December 2019

You are not class 1 legal heir and not in possession, before proceeding further contact a local advocate.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2019

The property that belonged to your grandfather is not an ancestral property in your hands. Hence your claim for a share in the  share of your father in the property on the basis of ancestral property is not maintainable 

Your claim is tenable in law, hence you first ascertain that how this property qualifies as ancestral property, if you cannot ascertain that this is an ancestral property then any effort made by you through legal sources to claim a share in the property shall not be maintainable and you may not get any favorable decision through court in this regard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register