Civil Procedure Code (CPC)



My both the in-laws have died few years back. My wife is seven sisters (including my wife) and one brother. To my knowledge, my in-laws have written any will. Can my wife and her other sisters file a suit to claim their right on property. If yes, procedure and documents needed.

My brother in-law is playing mischief and he is not giving any share in ancestor property to his sister (which is their right by law). He has deliberately transferred all ancestral property in his name and his wife’s name. Sold many of the landed property which was in his sister’s name, and converted and amount into Bank FDRs. There are many other benami property which has disposed.

Now, can any one please help in getting if property rights to my wife and her other sister?


Gulbarga, Karnataka

Practicing Advocate

Your wife should file a suit for partition, if she wants her share.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x