LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murali Krishna   22 October 2020

amkrishna19577@gmail.com

My father and we three brothers partioned certain property as per Schedule A, B, C and D. As per Schedlues A,B and C rentals and other accruals from property are shared between my father and my two older brothers. My share in Schedule D is 315 square yards. My father died intestate leaving nearly 2000 square yards. My only younger sister was married before the afore mentioned partition. Partition was made in 1993 and my younger sister was married in 1982, 9 years before our partition. Now my query is whether my younger sister also has a right to intestate property of 2000 square yards in view of recent amendments? My younger sister is not a party to the afore mentioned partition.

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     22 October 2020

Hello,

Your sister is a legal heir of your father and has an equal share in the father's property as much as brothers. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 October 2020

1.  "IF"  Hindu Father dies intestate before year 2005, THEN Father's property shall be claimable by ALL his legal heirs (including married or unmarried sisters) on basis of "Notional Partition", u/s 6 of the Hindu Succession Act.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register