LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Advise (def)     03 January 2016

Amendments to ws

Happy New Year to all the learned members. Seeking your blessings for the New Year!!

My wife filed a divorce more than a year and half back with desertion, cruelty and negligence as ground. My ex lawyer filed a delayed ws which fortunately honourable court allowed after codoning with a small fine. The ws was filed more than a year back and a month back rejoinder was filed by the opposite party.

Now I see that the ws is not drafted well. Importantly 35-40% denials have not been done. Submissions needs improvement too. I also have something to amend/ add in preliminary objectsions and preliminary submissions.

Will the honourable court allow it? What strategy should I adopt - minimal changes  that will save me (so that court accepts the amendments) or all the changes that I need should be there. The trial is yet to begin. What can be the ground of amedments? Is there any other strategy I should adopt here?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     04 January 2016

If issues have not been framed, the court may allow your prayer with costs.  You move an amendment application alongwith the amended written statement saying that due to overlook you failed to put all the facts properly in the earlier written statement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2016

Instead of an amendment you can file an additional statement containing the additional information denying the allegations which were left out in the main written statement.

Need Advise (def)     11 January 2016

Thanks to the learned members for their valuable advices.

Need Advise (def)     26 January 2016

Finally, I am going with an amendment as of now.. 

Some queries for the learned members..

1) Some paras no date, time or place of the alleged incidents of cruelty is mentioned - I had denied the para in toto and stated that they are based on false and fabricated facts. Do I need to deny it specifically in the amended ws. Or it is not required as specific date or place is not mentioned.

2) Specific allegations is put in para A.. say respondent scolded me and said so and so on such date. However, in para B, I had denied in a more general way that I had never scolded petitioner. Can para B be referred in argument of para A. 

3) If allegation is spercific, can a general denial work.. say allegation is respondent beat petitioner and scolded so and so and stared at her.. Will it be sufficient to say in the reply to the para.., respondent never beat petitioner and never harassed her.

I am asking this because my lawyer is saying that we should have minimal changes in our amendment. I had around 50 changes including typological errors, new and amended submissions, new and amended denials.

Thanks, in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register