airtel unpaid bills

Dear Seniors,

I had postpaid connection of Airtel, when I was shifting the city I approached one of the Airtel Kiosk and asked to cancel the postpaid connection and take the dues till date. They said it can be done anywhere in India, he advised me to do this in another city where I was shifting. After shifting I approached the Airtel kiosk of the new city where I was transferred , they refused to help me in this regard and said disconnection will be done from the same place from where the connection was taken.  This infuriated me as I didn’t have time to run here and there for this , when I m ready to clear all dues they were misguiding me here and there.

So finally I took the sim out and destroyed it. Now after 6 months I got a call in my office from Airtel recovery agent , and is demanding hefty money against my connection . Why should I pay for the services which I have not taken. I m ready to pay, but only for last month in which I stopped using sim.

Can you let me know what legal proceedings the Airtel co can file against me ??





The customer should always transact with these companies in writing.

You could have supplied at least an email to company narrating your representation at two offices of company.

You may log on to website of company obtain eamils and escalate your matter to MD,Company Secretary  and conclude deficiency in service of the comapny and express that you shall only upto  month you visited Airtel after shifting to new city provided comapnies submit new bill to you in which all penalties are waived off and submits a letter that company has also withdrawn your name from all collection,recovery agencies, list of defaulters visible to all companies, credit rating agencies, credit bureaus etc.

You can also mention that you are prohibitibg the company and its agents to make any phone call at any of your phone numbers and if company wants to meet company may submit an application seeking appointment from you and after the meeting company employee shall have to submit minutes of discussion in writing in original then and there.

The employees in this company are unwilling to accept their lapse and deficiency and hence happy to refer to recovery agents to save their skin.

If recovery agent misbehaves you can lodge a police complaint.


Later you can also approach Lok Adalat,DCDRF.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x