LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Lakhan (hod)     12 May 2012

Airtel harassment

That i was using a postpaid broadband connection of bharti airtel in June2011- feb2012  for almost Nine months and was paying the bills consciously. But then i have having many issue regarding the services for which i requested to airtel authorities to resolve however no one bothered to resolve the issue.

Issue:

1.Modem adaptor not working.  Continues communication  for 60 days they did not provide me adaptor of rs.50-100 only. I said I will pay but they are failure to provide.

2. Mean while I want to close this matter in march bill was 3500 approx. They said you pay Rs.1750/- for full and final settlement. I give him cheque. After some time they said your cheque bounce , please pay rs. 3500/-. I enquired in bank, cheque was not present by airtel.

So I demand to return my cheque and take new cheque. But they saying we will not gives you back that cheque.

Now
The charges which I have not used why would I pay that.

Then airtel has started a practice of collecting the money from customer by means of threat and harassment to friends and family.

Some people are continuously calling me and by family and are threatening that if they see me any where they will take me and beat me or kill me like that. My family is all the time worried about me.

Kindly advice me.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 May 2012

https://persmin.nic.in/DOPT/EmployeesCorner/Acts_Rules/CCSRules_1964/ccs_conduct_rules_1964_details.htm

(11) Foreign language classes conducted by Indo-Foreign cultural organizations – joining of by the Government servants

The question of regulating the participation of Government servants in foreign language classes conducted by Indo-Foreign cultural organizations like the German-Indian Association, Alliance Francaise de Delhi, Indo-Soviet Cultural Society etc. has been considered by Government and it has been decided that Government servants desirous of joining such classes should obtain prior permission from the Ministry or Office in which they are serving

2. * * * *

3. Ministry of Finance etc., are requested to bring the contents of para 1 of this Office Memorandum to the notice of all Government servants under their control, separately. Para 2 is intended for the guidance of administrative authorities only (not reproduced).

[MHA OM No. 25/4/65-Ests.(A), dated 18.05.1966]

3A. Promptness and Courtesy

No Government servant shall

(a) in the performance of his official duties, act in a discourteous manner;

(b) in his official dealings with the public or otherwise adopt dilatory tactics or wilfully cause delays in disposal of the work assigned to him.

(7) Role of Public services – Estimate Committee’s recommendation in their 93rd Report on the Public Service.

Government would be ever watchful in ensuring that Government machinery as a whole and particularly such segments of it as come in direct contact with the public, are helpful in attitude and quick in disposal of cases and that deterrent and prompt action is taken against discourteous behaviour and dilatory tactics."

Supervisory officers should look into this matter during periodic inspections

26.       Accountability for delay in decision making.

these provisions are adequate for initiating disciplinary proceedings when an officer adopts a dilatory attitude leading to delay in decision-making and/or harassment of the public.

3A. Promptness and Courtesy

Shop & Establishment Act

You can submit request for  service certificate under contract law

Even in INDUSTRIAL EMPLOYMENT (STANDING ORDERS) CENTRAL RULES, 1946

23[SCHEDULE I-B
Model Standing Orders on additional items applicable to all industries
(1) SERVICE RECORD
Matters relating to service card, token tickets, certification of
service, change of residential address of workers and
record of age.

(ii) Certification of service.- (a) Every workman shall be entitled to
a service certificate, pacifying the nature
of work (designation) and the period of employment (indicating the
days, months, years), at the time of
discharge, termination, retirement or resignation from service;

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

DRAFTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE BASIC CONDITIONS

OF EMPLOYMENT ACT, no 75 OF 1997 (AS AMENDED) AND THE LABOUR

RELATIONS ACT , no 66 OF 1995 (AS AMENDED) AND ANY OTHER STATUTORY

REQUIREMENTS.

(IT IS COMPULSARY BY LAW TO PROVIDE YOUR EMPLOYEE WITHA CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE ON TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT)

agitated before the labour court U/S 2 A if Industrial dispute act 1947 failing under said section 12(4) before the labour officer

SCHEDULE I

16.  Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent  workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under  this  Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of  dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

17.  Liability of 17[employer].--The [1][employer] of the establishment shall personally be held responsible for the proper and faithful observance of the standing orders.

[2][schedule I - a]

20.  Service certificate.- Every workman who was employed continuously for a period of more than  three months shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his leaving the service of employer.

[3][Schedule I-B

(1)   Service Record

(ii)   Certification of service.- (a) Every workman shall be entitled to a service certificate, pacifying the nature of work (designation) and the period of employment (indicating the days, months, years),  at the time of discharge, termination, retirement or resignation from service;

(b)      The existing entries in para 16 of Schedule I and para 20 of Schedule I-A shall be omitted

Delhi Shops and establishments Act.

Employer to furnish letters of appointment to employees

Failure to issue appointment letters under section 34 of the Act to the employee amounts to 'unfair labour practice' resorted to deprive them of the benefits which accrue to them due to the length of their service; Bharat Mudranalaya v. Workmen, Delhi Gazette, dated 7-5-1970 (IT).

Inspection of Registers and calling for information

It shall be the duty of eve occupier of a shop or establishment to produce for inspection of an Inspector, all accounts or records required to be kept for the purpose of this Act, and to give any other information in connection therewith as may be required.

Comments

Any change in the policy by the employer should be in equity and for mutual benefit of the employer and employee, such change in the policy should be published and circulated and within the knowledge of the employee

you have the option of approaching the court of competent jurisdiction for the compliance and also for such damages as you may reasonably assess as compensation which may be fasten onto the employer.

You need to consult a good lawyer on service orientation who will be able to guide and assist you in your endeavor to seek appropriate remedy in law.

Do you have acknowledgement of the cheque, complaint numbers of complaints lodged by you on various issues faced by you, report of the engineer/technician recommending change of adaptor?

Have you demanded return of cheque in writing? Have you lodged any communication in writing that Airtel has suggested change of adaptor but adaptor is not being supplied to you, although you are willing to pay on production of bill?

You may record all calls made by Airtel to you, and your relatives, acquaintances during which Airtel company/agency/associates are threatening.

This is a standard tactics. You may visit the local RO of Airtel, obtain name, designation, phone number, email id of Head-Customer services, Collections, Recoveries, submit a written representation to them narrating all incidences and phoned number, date of call, calling person name, and phone number of person at which threatening call was made and ask them to disclose to you in writing name and address of company/agency with pin code, its owner/promoter/manager which has made the call.

You may log in to the Airtel website and obtain email id of MD, CEO, Company Secretary, VP-Legal and report the whole matter and mention that you shall be constrained to seek legal advice cost of which shall be recovered from them and advice your lawyer to initiate criminal proceedings.

You may also lodge a complaint addressed to  police commissioner, SHO of your area and narrate the phone numbers and type of threats being made to you and mention the phone number of Head-Customer services, Collections, Recoveries of Airtel local RO. Let them face the music. In each police commissioner office one official is having access to database and can give you the ownership detail of phone numbers from which threatening calls are made to you and relatives. Apply your resources.

A similar incidence had happened with another customer who had moved to another state. Frightened by the calls customer came to his hometown and approached his community of friends and near and dear ones. A crowd reached local RO of Airtel and in the presence of head collections made call from telephone installed in Airtel office at phone numbers from which threatening calls were made. The person on the other end stated that Airtel employees do not resolve the matter and forward the matter to collections reporting failure of the efforts with customer, and make it a bad payment case so save their skin. Company does not mind as majority of the gullible and ill informed customer pay hefty amounts. The whole meeting was recorded (audio/visual) and face of Airtel officials was visible in recording. The Airtel official resolved the matter then and there.

You may always transact in writing under acknowledgment preferably with local RO.

You may proceed as deemed fit.

[1] Subs by ibid

[2] Ins. by G.S.R. 732, dated 12-5-1971.

[3] Ins. by Noti. No. GSR 30 (E), dated 17-1-1983.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 May 2012

Some error occurred while posting. You may look into the following and ignore rest.

Do you have acknowledgement of the cheque, complaint numbers of complaints lodged by you on various issues faced by you, report of the engineer/technician recommending change of adaptor?

Have you demanded return of cheque in writing? Have you lodged any communication in writing that Airtel has suggested change of adaptor but adaptor is not being supplied to you, although you are willing to pay on production of bill?

You may record all calls made by Airtel to you, and your relatives, acquaintances during which Airtel company/agency/associates are threatening.

This is a standard tactics. You may visit the local RO of Airtel, obtain name, designation, phone number, email id of Head-Customer services, Collections, Recoveries, submit a written representation to them narrating all incidences and phoned number, date of call, calling person name, and phone number of person at which threatening call was made and ask them to disclose to you in writing name and address of company/agency with pin code, its owner/promoter/manager which has made the call.

You may log in to the Airtel website and obtain email id of MD, CEO, Company Secretary, VP-Legal and report the whole matter and mention that you shall be constrained to seek legal advice cost of which shall be recovered from them and advice your lawyer to initiate criminal proceedings.

You may also lodge a complaint addressed to  police commissioner, SHO of your area and narrate the phone numbers and type of threats being made to you and mention the phone number of Head-Customer services, Collections, Recoveries of Airtel local RO. Let them face the music. In each police commissioner office one official is having access to database and can give you the ownership detail of phone numbers from which threatening calls are made to you and relatives. Apply your resources.

A similar incidence had happened with another customer who had moved to another state. Frightened by the calls customer came to his hometown and approached his community of friends and near and dear ones. A crowd reached local RO of Airtel and in the presence of head collections made call from telephone installed in Airtel office at phone numbers from which threatening calls were made. The person on the other end stated that Airtel employees do not resolve the matter and forward the matter to collections reporting failure of the efforts with customer, and make it a bad payment case so save their skin. Company does not mind as majority of the gullible and ill informed customer pay hefty amounts. The whole meeting was recorded (audio/visual) and face of Airtel officials was visible in recording. The Airtel official resolved the matter then and there.

You may always transact in writing under acknowledgment preferably with local RO.

You may proceed as deemed fit.

panistefanin   27 October 2017

Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you)

safeswiss

vahid   06 December 2017

Thank you, I'm with you)

451454. vakilmodafe24 .ir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register