LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MADHAV (clerk)     06 June 2012

Agriculture land purchase

I would like to buy agricultural land but not a farmer. My mother's brother is farmer since birth and have many agricultural land. They are ready to help us buying agricultural land.

1. Can I buy agricultural land?

2. What is procedure ?

Learning

3 Replies

Prashant Bhat (Vice-President (Legal & Land Acquisition))     06 June 2012

You have to be an agriculturist to purcahse an agricultural land.

Your mama ji cannot be deemed to be your predecessor blood relative who is already an agriculturist and you cannot take advantage of your relationship of being his nephew to purchase an agricultural land in your name behind his curtain. 

Off course, you can purchase an agricultural land in the name of your mama ji by funding the said purchase, but keeping into mind the usual future business risk arising from his heirs and legal representatives, who will later claim the said land to be their's and you will be legally helpless.

- Prashant Bhat,

Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

Tel.9820099555, 9699099555.

e-Mail : prashantexpress@yahoo.com

Sree (na)     08 June 2012

You can buy the land, but you must cultivate the land, in the sense you shall make sure the work is under progres, ownerships is not matter untill the purpose is fulfilled....... You have right to start you agricultural activity, but make sure you just cant buy it for fantacy, you need to ahow that it is being cultivated, you hire the agricultural workers to do your job......

Sree (na)     08 June 2012

Yes. You can purchase the agricultural land. But you shall have to take permission for that. And if your income is not more than 4 Lakhs, upon simple permission you can buy the land, and if your income is more than tha you need to apply for special permission (as you are not supposed to buy in that case), refer Land Revenew Act for more information..........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register