Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Teerthankar Dubey (businessman)     01 June 2010

Agriculture land

I bought agriculture land jointly with my brother over a decade ago in Uttaranchal. Few years ago I changed to US citizenship but my brother still retains Indian citizenship. I have two questions

1. Can I keep my ownership of the agriculture land since I bought it as a Indian Citizen ? If not, what do I need to do?

2. Due to water shortage no cultivation is being done in the village where the land is. Many of the adjoining agriculture plots were converted to residential land by developers.  Can you please inform what is the procedure for agriculture land converting to residential in Uttaranchal? Can I do it myself or need to hire an attormey?


 4 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     01 June 2010

You can convert it to a N A plots. It will be better to issue a specific POA limited upto convertion the status of land. 

1 Like

Teerthankar Dubey (businessman)     02 June 2010

Thank you sir for your prompt response. Much appreciate it. Can you please elaborate what is the process involved in creating NA (non Agriculture ?) plots  on an Agriculture land. I am referring to what type of approvals are required. Secondly, what is POA?

Thank you again

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     02 June 2010

With all revenue records along with application form u have to apply ti DM. DM asks for noc to various depts. get plan approved from town planning dept.then issues NA order for land.POA stands for power of attorny

Teerthankar Dubey (businessman)     05 June 2010

Thank you Mr. Patil for your valuable clarification.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query