Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivu (legal)     06 June 2022

Agricultural land karnataka : rights and ownership

Dear Lawyers, 
I am planning to purchase a piece of agricultural land in Karnataka, which is now open to all. here is the info.
5 acres was divided among 4 brothers and wife of 5th brother in 1971 using partition deed.
This lady has 1 acre, also had 4 sons of her own, all majors.
She died in 1977. 
In 1978, her 3 sons - approved transfer of rights(khata and pahani) to one remaining son Mr X. This transaction does not show up in EC, nor there is a partition deed done(vibhaaga).There is however one single page document called ISC letter(not sure about name) which is available from taluk office records which details that the 3 brothers have signed their no-objection to transfer of khata and pahani. 

Is this sufficient to proceed with purchase? Brothers are ready to come and sign as approvers/witness, but I fear their major children and grandchildren today are also eligible for share. Please advise on how to proceed.


 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   06 June 2022

Take their consent  ,their  children s and grand children s get negligible share ,is it too much valuable then take as much heirs who comes and sign in SRO.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 June 2022

Some deeper legal issues are involved in the facts vis-a-vis query.

It will be better to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 June 2022

The conveyance needs to be executed by all the legal heirs of the deceased 5th brother and his wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query