LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (HR Manager)     19 October 2014

After divorce filing

I Filed Divorce Case in the court.. It is pending in the court. Can she file any kind of complaint like 498a or harassment case in the police ?


will they arrest me if the divorce petition in the court ?


 4 Replies

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     19 October 2014

Yes she can file such cases , in 498a police will investigate the matter if they get evidences of harassment then they will file the FIR and an arrest can be done .

madhu (HR Manager)     19 October 2014

I once beat her out of heated argument and asked her sorry many times.... Apart from that i scolded few times for trivial problems.. 


Can this be taken as evidence to arrest me ?

mohd imran.a.khan (lawyer)     20 October 2014

Now even she will file complain under 498 A police will not arrest you directly or harras you as per new guidelines of supreme court of india. Adv.Imran khan 08000442138

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

you have another story to tell on

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query