Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman Kumar (Software Engg.)     31 March 2012

Adultry

Hi

I am living with a married lady.she is married just two month ago.I found out that the case of adultery can be filled against me.But the law suggest that"Whoever has s*xual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such s*xual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. In such case, the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor."

But i am in live-in but don't have in physical relation ship.How can some one file case of adultery?  

Enlighten me...

Learning

7 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     31 March 2012

Let them prove it.

Raman Kumar (Software Engg.)     31 March 2012

Hi

Can you elabrote  it.

Please help me on this

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     31 March 2012

I'd like to differ with my learned colleague, the courts have time and again recognised that for adultery exact proof of s*xual intercourse is not required. A young man & woman living together - in itself raises an undubitable inference - they are not there to say their prayers. Watch out you are on dangerous terrain !

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     31 March 2012

Living with a married lady married two months ago? What doyou mean by living with a married lady? Do you mean to say that  you two are sharing the same roof night and day enjoying every moment of your togetherness?

Mankum (social analysit)     29 August 2012

Dear Colleauge, its a crime , upto the time when you in the others zone of family institution you are doing crime because it breaks thte family institution which is sacred /respectable for hindus , married lady and her husband. whatever the status of their love or hate, your entrance to other zone is always a crime that too criminal ( imprisonment of 5 years ) so wait for her legal divorce or meet but never do s*xual intercourse.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     15 November 2012

You have started staying with this lady before she got married ? Did she continue to stay with you even after her marriage ? To me it looks to be hypothetical query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register