LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suhasdarshan (Associate)     04 January 2013

Address proof


My friend who is from Meghalaya belongs to a particular tribe. He is now currently settled in Bangalore since 4 years and working in IT industry. His fiancee belongs to some other tribe from North East India, is also settled in Bangalore since 2 years. They are willing to marry under special marriage act. I need clarity in few aspects:

1. What is the procedure for marriage and the registration of the marriage in Bangalore? 

2. Both my friend and his fiancee have all their educational records, voter ID, Ration card and passport in their respective hometown address. They do not have any address proof of Bangalore residence except hoouse rent agreement, BSNL post paid bills and LPG bills. What are they supposed to do for the address proof?


 3 Replies

Basavaiah, (Retired)     04 January 2013

may not be insisted but keep all address proof and id proof ready just in case they ask.


Check the details here


Suhasdarshan (Associate)     04 January 2013

Thank You Basavaraj!

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     05 January 2013

Ya the documents mentioned in the above link + legal help of a local lawyer via reference(easier this way but not mandatory ) 







Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register