Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohit (system analyst)     21 May 2013

Action to take in case of theft from bank locker?

My father had last visted to her PNB bank locker  around 2 years back and cross checked every thing is fine. After that she to bank 3 days back and found all her jwellery is missing. Exact details are like this

She visted bank with one of my family member. Bank officials asked her to go to locker room till the bank guy brings his key. As my mother visted their found her locker was in open state and all the stuff was missing from locker.Them my family member raised their voice in the bank but nothing seems to be working for us.

Regarding security, bank has cctv but that is present at the entry of locker room not inside the locker room.Apart from that they told us they just have recording of max 3 months.

while coming back , one of my family member locked the locker and came back.

We are not sure what should we do now? Is their any possibilty we can claim our money from bank and if yes what are chances?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 May 2013

Banker only is having responsible for loss of jewellery. Since locker a/c is still on operation. Give a complaint to bankers ombudsmen in writing. 

mohit (system analyst)     24 May 2013

Thanks sir. Should i go to banking ombudsman or consumer court or both? This case belong to shamli district.  If banking obudsman, how/where should i approach?

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     24 May 2013

Dear Mohit,

Immediately approach police and then banking ombudsmen

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register