Upgrad LLM

action of fir in non cognizable offence

A person come to my home and threatening me and my family to beat in petty issues and also use abusive language.
Which type of action will be taken up by the police if I lodged an FIR. I do not want to take the matter into the court because I do job in another state i.e punjab.


FIR is registered only in congizable offences, for non-cognizable offences you have file private complaint with the judicial magistrate directly.

Insolence with government employee is an non cognizable offence. Am I right? In these cases details of offence are entered in Community service register. Can these details be changed if the person who have gone to police station to enter these details for this offence say so? in these cases can police order to offender to come at police station?

Dear sir, unless you opt to frame a Case for cognizable offence, to register a FIR, eg. Lurking in House, stole someting, beaten  tried to molestation , abused , threaten to kill, alike matter has to be framed. How can you teach him lession if FIR is not lodged  and when lodged you will involve in it, if no body else you there at your home to attend the court, P.S. hence it is up to you .




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x