Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit   29 April 2016

Accused wants to surrender in court before the judgement

Dear All,

Please provide answer to this querry.

Respected Lawyers,

I am a businessman since 2011 a case has been in hearing stage at high court of the city, I have been charge for Stealling of Electiricity in my production house, I know that I have manipulated the electric meter to reduce the consumed reading.

Now I want to say to court that I regret my guilt and ready to pay the fine charged by officers before the court judgement comes. Will an individual can do so? and if yes, in what manner?

Its my humble request to all Lawyers in the forum to please provide me with your valuable solutions.

Appreciate your assistance!!!

Regards.

Learning

3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 April 2016

according to me if the offence is compundable you can ask the court to refer the matter to Lokadalat.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     01 May 2016

As the Electricity Production Administration and its supply are are the state subjects however as per my knowledge the theft of electricity is not a compoundable offence and attracts Penal offence with fine Imprisionment or both so it is better you first offer plead guilty in the court and then offer a Plea bargain with the complainant. This only can be a solution for your case.But only at the mery of the court.

For further legal assistance you can send me a PM (Personal Message) through this site.

Advise; always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field.

You well can see my credentials on my web site www.anandbaliandassociates.com ; plus at many other independent internet sites of India such as on  Pathlegal.in, LawyersclubIndia.com; Justdial.com; Kaanoon.com.; Lawsolva.com; Linkedin.com; Legalindia.com; Myadvo.com; Just Dial.com & Sulekha.com; plus many more .

Please visit  www.anandbaliandassociates.com
With Regards !!
Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

Theft of electricity comes under sessions offence and non-compoundable, so you will not be let off with fine amount alone, you may be convicted with imprisonment for a term the court may decide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register