LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (md)     24 August 2010

Accident claim case

Hello Seniors, need your urgent advice. i met with an accident before 3 months from now. one person died in that accident. now his family has sent me summons from court for claim. i am also attending criminal case for the same case in another court. my question is do i need to go to court for claim case also ? or my insurance company will handle that. i was driving my car and its owner is my brother. do we both need to go to court for claim case also ?

Learning

3 Replies

sachin (md)     24 August 2010

i am asking about claim case which is against me (driver), my brother (owner) and insurance company

SATYANARAYANA K (Advocate)     25 August 2010

who took summons from the court those persons should be appeared and defend the case,

In insurance case it is a civil case hence you and your brother need not go to court. Lawyer will be appear on behalf of you that is enough, while matter is coming for cross examination then you have to appear before the court.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 August 2010

You need not to go to attend the case personally, you will have to appoint an advocate to defend you.  If car is having valid insurance policy and you are having valid driving license then only insurance co., will be held liable to pay the compensation, otherwise insurnace co., will not be held responsible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register