Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul (Personal Secretary)     12 December 2013

Absconding of work contractor

Dear Friends, 

I want to know your opinion on my issue as given below. Please give your valuable feedback on this so that I can have an early action on it.

I am residing in Delhi having a DDA made flat. I along with other co- flat owners were extended our flats by covering  the vacant area in front of our flats. I was given the contract to a local contractor for Rs. 5 lakhs and I have paid Rs. 4.10 lakhs but the contractor did not completed the work for the amount  paid  and absconded from the work site. I called him several times but he did not come forward and completed the work for the money I have paid. There is no agreement signed between me and the contractor, but he had written in a white paper the works to be done by this amount of Rs. 5 lakh. I have paid the money by Rs. 30,000 by cheque and balance   amount by cash  Rs. 20000/- and below at different dates and having the receipts for the same.

Can I lodge a complaint with police for getting the work done by him for the money paid to him? This is an unauthorized work. Please give your feedback on this. 

Learning

1 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     12 December 2013

If you want to entrust a work of Rs.5 Lakhs, he (contractor) must be known to you or your other residents. How could you believe a third person and how made you payments. What  assurance you got obtained from the contractor. So this type of illegal(un-authorised) things, could not be solved easily. Any way you have an option of lodging a complaint against the contractor for his acts. otherwise, it is too difficult to even trace his where abouts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register