Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ganesh rao (x)     04 August 2012

About surety for bail

hello,

i need a clarification.

the 498a case on me is split against me and my father.  i am on bail; but could not attend court dates as i am abroad; NBW is issued on me and notice is issued to surety that the surety amount would be forfeited; surety attended the court and informed the magistrate that he is contacting the accused and he would come.

the magistrate said the surety would be arrested if the accused does not come; can the magistrate order arrest of the surety? or only forfeit the surety amount? is the arrest of surety a threat only? or magistrate has such powers?

if surety amount is forfeited, what would be the next step in the case  by the court?

ganesh rao

Learning

2 Replies

rahul (director)     04 August 2012

i dont think court can arrest surity, it isun expreianced megistrate's behaviour

court can forfiet only the amount,,

btw, what amount is invlolved in ur case,, in that i think you have arrange a new sureity , otherwise  court will arrest u

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 August 2012

Bailing a friend or family member out of jail on a surety bond is a risk, especially if you do not have full trust in the defendant. A surety bond is placed in order to reassure the courts that the defendant will not skip bail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register