Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh Kumar   23 February 2019

About stamp duty and registration charges

Hello respected members,

I am planning to buy a house which has some vacant plot in it but I have a confusion regarding the payment of stamp duty and registration charges. I already knew that I have to pay Stamp Duty and Registration Charges according to the valuation of the land but someone recently told me that I have to additionally pay the stamp duty for the build up area too.

Can anyone confirm that is it true? Shall I have to pay Stamp Duty for the house as well as for the land on which the house is constructed?

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 February 2019

It all depends in what nature the property is being registered, if the sale deed mention only land the value of the property will be less but for buildup property (land+construction) the value of the property will be mentioned more. Likewise the Stamp duty and registration amount to be paid.

Ashutosh Kumar   23 February 2019

Isn't the sale deed which mentions only the land invalid if the aforementioned property also consists of build-up area?

Facebook Facebook   23 February 2019

Hi sir,we have taken a loan on sale agreement value i.e3400000.and the sale deed registered was for 3353000.now the bank is saying the sale deed already registered should be 34 lacks.How to overcome this issue.and how to pay the stamp duty for the 34 lavs

sorry 34 lacs

Hi sir,we have taken a loan on sale agreement value i.e3400000.and the sale deed registered was for 3353000.now the bank is saying the sale deed registered should be 34 lacks.How to overcome this issue.how to pay stamp duty for 34 lacs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register