LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagdish (owner)     28 September 2013

about inheritance problem

sir , I am living with my masi as his son since I was 4 yr old and have their name as parents in all my documents voter I'd mark sheet etc now they want to name their property to me in their will as they are growing old since I am not legally adopted What shall we do now can we write all truth in will but that may prove my document wrong as I was not legally adopted then , there are also people behind that property who can cause trouble to me thank you!

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     28 September 2013

Your masi can transfer their self acquired property in favour of your by making a will . There is no requirement for adoption or such ,she has all rights to give her property to any person whom she wants with two attesting witness.and registered The same in The registration office of your jurisdiction.

jagdish (owner)     29 September 2013

Frist of all thanks sir for reply , actually problem lies in documents I m having with me as my father mother name is written as of my mousaji and Masiji as I was living with them from beginning without legal adoption and I will have to produce my identity to get property in my name in future which stands legally wrong or shall I produce myself as their son or get name of my parents change in document what will be better please suggest

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register