LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     24 February 2010

Abatement of suicide of men

Indian society has become brabarous, when it comes to abusing men at the instance of women. When an allegation is levelled by a women, the authorities blindly starts punishing men, without any inquiry and thereby driving many men to commit suicide.

On frivolous allegations of a women, CPM leadership (Prakash Karat & Brinda Karat fame)  took action against varadrajan, without following the principles of natural justice, without affording him fair opportunity thereby driving him to suicide. When he was alive he was declared "not becoming of a communist", and when dead communists are erecting his statue at office........

When an allegation is levelled by a women, the authorities (both governmental and non governmental) takes action against men without following due procedure, blindly believing version of women just to look progressive and thereby driving thousands of men to commit suicide (a married man commits suicide every 9 minutes in India). This is abatement of suicide by authorities. These cases should be properly investigated and if the authorities has abetted suicides of man by their callous action, they should be prosecuted.

Learning

3 Replies

Daksh (Student)     24 February 2010

Mr.Rajesh Kumar, I appreciate your point of view and from deep down my heart feel sorry for the untimely unfortunate loss of life but additionally I do feel very strongly that based on this unfortunate development it is equally wrong to depict the whole of the society as "Barberic". Every situation has its own peculiar merits and demerits we should abstain from making these generic statements. Best Regards Daksh

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     24 February 2010

It is not about one untimely death- a married man commits suicide every 9 minutes. https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_one-married-man-commits-suicide-every-9-minutes_1350968 I rightly called it barbaric, beacuse of the social attutude you just expressed- one untimely death. When a man commits suicide, it is one off event, when a women commits suicide it is big legal issue. Statistics suggest number of suicide is tthrice in men than women.

I am raising a pure question of law. A women files complaint against a man before an authority. The authority is duty bound to be fair and just. But, out of negligence or our of prejudices or out of anti men attitude, he does not enquire the complaint fairly and condemn the man. The man committed suicide because he felt he was not fairly treated (Varadrajan has written in his suicide note that he was not fairly treated, i have many other examples). Based on these facts I am asking some questions:

-Whether that suicide note should be treated as a dying declaration (women suicide note is always a dying declaration)

-Whether inquiry should be conducted as to fairness of the inquiry procedure.

-If the inquiry procedure was found to be unfair, should the inquiry officers be prosecuted for abetting suicide.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     25 February 2010

Why the law and lawyers are silent on suicides of man. Do we really care if a Man suicides? Are talking about Men's suicide is perceived as non-progressive? or simply Men dont matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register