Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A wonderful Karvachauth gift to husband..

Page no : 5

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 October 2010

THE SIMPLEST WAY TO UNDERSTAND THE NORTH INDIAN CULTURE IS TO MARRY A NORTH INDIAN GIRL.

just to understand n.indian culture,one shud marry a n.indian girl?

one can live in north india,meet people from there,read books,magazines etc to know better

ram jee,i gave u the link of the website in this thread only where karwa chauth is explained.i thot u had read it.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 October 2010

ROSHNI JI

YOU COULD NOT FOLLOW ME.

SARI HAVE TO CUT AND STICH IN SUCH A MANNER THAT WHEN IT WILL WEAR,  IT WILL LOOK LIKE A TRADITIONAL SARI. A SARI WEARED BY TIEING SOME KNOTS. IF THE SARI CUT AND STICH PROPERLY THEN THERE SHALL BE NO NEED OF TIE THE KNOTS.

ACTUALLY CUT AND STICH WILL REPLACE THE KNOTS.

CLASSICAL DANCERS USE THIS STYLE.

ONE NEED NOT TO WEAR THE CLASICAL DANCER'S COSTUME. 

1 Like

(Guest)

I like women who wear saree And yes it will look traditional sari 

Infact many advocates in india also wearing saree in a court.

Now,noone explains how to wear saree so see below and all girls on lci forum atleast one time wear saree to respect our old traditional culture and remember our indian heritage.

Now,if you analyses the tv serials the young girls cannot wear sareee but other women like mother ,bhabhi etc,wear saree as they wear for publicity for giving company support but in real life they dont wear saree.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 October 2010

v.good presentation kushan!

dont worry.when you marry...u will get a traditional saree wearing indian wife.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     28 October 2010

So, Roshaniji,

Do u wear saree or least know how to wear saree? LOL!

hedevil hydraheaded (non professional )     28 October 2010

What is this western Vs. Indian? It is a small world now where even the very concept of nationhood is being  questioned in the political discourse.

Why should one stictch and cut and cut and stitch saree. grab a trouser, a denim, a cargo, put on shirt and T shirts and fly off ..you save time, you have greater mobility and you do not look dull as Indian traditional men seems to be claiming that only Saree makes women look beautiful. And why the hell women should care for such beauty which only panders to the tastes of men. If she thinks she is beautiful and smart in a dress which gives her greater freedom to move easily, she is beautiful all the same whether a man thinks her to be beautiful or not. There are no fixed standards of beauty.

Look Dhoti and Lungi has only 2 -3 steps to wear but Saree how many?

Women would wear what they wish to wear! Men can keep cribbing, though not all men crib.

Even in Rural Areas of South India, Salwar Kameez is  becoming the norms rather than exception. So whether woman wears a Saree or skirts or pants, it is her choice....she will wear all these according to her moods, and wish.

(Guest)

just go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sari

Then you know the origins and  history of saree.

And finally many of us agree Women would wear what they wish to wear! Men can keep cribbing, though not all men crib.   as  hedevil hydraheaded said.

(Guest)
Wonderful. People (so called educated) are to much bothered to interfere in others like. I felt it is something like "women are talking - uski saari meri saari se jyada safed kyon". Let the people live with their own choice. Be bothered for self instead of viewing inside other's window. It is nothing but "Neighbour's envy - owner's pride".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register