LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaggu   31 October 2016

A tricky case of limitation period

1) My sister had a friend. Their friendship ended in January 2012 after which this guy continued to follow her for a year upto July 2013. 

2) He wrote several emails to her, threatening her, stalking her to her office and even hacking her email account 

3) We reached out to the parents of the boy after which he stopped doing his things end of July 2013. 

4) We have on record all his emails he sent before July 2013. He never emailed or called after that. 

5) All of a sudden some calls went to my sister's office in London (alleging her of tax evasion). 

6) There is truth to the tax evasion story. She did some tax evasion and had also involved one of her senior office colleague when she was in India in 2013. 

7) She wrote to him on email about details of that tax evasion scheme. Apparently, this guy had the hacked email and hence he gave the date of that email to the HR office in London of my sister. 

8) I believe he was waiting for the limitation period to get over (3 years for stalking crime). 

9) So our question is, have we lost a right to file an FIR as we dont have any evidence post July 2013.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Ajeeb kisam ke log ho. Jhelneki takat bhi dilate. And ur vibrating again. I came across your query sometime back in LCI. I bet I had advisd u properly. Yet again, if he is stalking her. Ask her to file written complaint against him in London. Scotland yard take care of it. He kept stalking over n again, I suppose the girl might have given him wrong signals. So check about that too.

(Guest)
Ajeeb kisam ke log ho. Jhelneki takat bhi dilate. And ur vibrating again. I came across your query sometime back in LCI. I bet I had advisd u properly. Yet again, if he is stalking her. Ask her to file written complaint against him in London. Scotland yard take care of it. He kept stalking over n again, I suppose the girl might have given him wrong signals. So check about that too.

Jaggu   01 November 2016

He is not stalking her now. He just called her office as an imposter (we dont have a proof)...He called saying that he was an income tax officer..and he gave the date of the email to the HR person...the email which my sister had exchanged with her boss (both my sister and her boss were involved in the tax evasion fraud)...so basically he has exposed my sister in her office..and we dont have any proof of him stalking her...all the proofs we have are of 3 years back....

So we cant sue him given the limitation period..and he has screwed the sanctity of my sister in her office...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register