Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Being Human (Mr.)     29 April 2013

A problem related to reliance sim card..

I bought a reliance sim card on 24th april from local retailer. He told me to submit my documents with photo and simcard was activated instantly. And i started using the sim card in my mobile.

After 3 days when i tried to recharge my simcard on reliance website. I found it is showing owner of the simcard sumone else. Then i contacted the local retailer and he told me "documents are already submitted to reliance office and there might be some tying error in their office and please contact the customer care. And such mistakes are common these days".

Then i contacted the reliance customer care over phone and they told me "sim card is registered based on documents submitted and the name can't be changed now. Also they suggested me keep using the sim card till any problem arises."

Neither the retailer is helping me to change sim card to my name nor the reliance customer care. Now I am worried about following things:

1) Should i keep using simcard registered in other's name? Will it cause any legal probelm in future?

2) I am also worried about for safety of my submitted documents. If the retalier can issue sim card to me from another name. What will happen if sumone might be using sim card issued from my documents??

3) Whom should i blame in this case: the retailer or the reliance ??

4) What is the legal protection i can seek in this case? Should i file an FIR in this situation?

Looking forward your kind advice. Please reply...

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 April 2013

It is a crime using phone on others name. Either cancel the sim or give a police complaint.

Being Human (Mr.)     29 April 2013

Thanks for the reply.

But how can i cancel this sim card because it is not in my name ???

Ranee....... (NA)     29 April 2013

don't use and recharge it.It will get deactivated by company itself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register