LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife filed maintenance to extract money

Wife filed maintenance case with lot of false allegations which I can prove with clear cut records. She also has property and jewels worth of 1.5 crore which I bought on her name. Strictly there was no dowry before or after marriage, but in the maintenance petition she has mentioned that her father gave 3 laks money, which I can prove easily. I am sending money to her account every month (she filed DV and got exparte order). Basically she want to extract money. Would like to know how best the above details can be used to contest the case. Apppreciate your help.

Learning

6 Replies

Shashi Dhara   19 January 2019

U proceed in court and wait for court orders

(Guest)

Does court consider the property on wife's name when deciding maintenance amount? She has property worth of 1 crore.

Martin S.   20 January 2019

Give that proof to court, or ask for appointment of court commissioner who will investigate the matter.

(Guest)

@Crpc125Vguest

Its also depends on how much property you have. being NRI you are worrying for maintenance amount  hahahhaha

Aarnav   01 February 2019

If she is earning form that 1 Carore property, then the court will consider it as her income during maintenance case.

But is she is not earning anything, then you can always provide the proof that you bought that 1 carore property in your wifes name , and the court should direct her to sell the property, to get money of 1 carore, so she can generate income out of that 1 Carore.

QUESTION: In todays kaal-yugh, who buys property and jewelry of 1.5 carore and just puts it in his wifes name?

If your alligations are incorrect, then please dont mention it in the court/WS, as then the court will think that you are an able bodied RICH guy, and you can pay a hefty maintenance to your wife !!!

(Guest)
NRI, so the property was on her name. She sold the property after filing Maintenance case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register