LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj   15 July 2019

Unregistered society demand for transfer fee

I am planning to buy property in unregistered society, but society association is asking for transfer fee of Rs. 25000, society is till unregistered, but they are saying that we have submitted documentation for society registration, so you have to pay transfer fee.

I said to them that by the time till my sale deed done and if you get your society registration number in that case I am ready to pay transfer fee, but they are forcing me to pay transfer fee, even I am not sure if they have initiate any process for society registration or not.

Can you please help me?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     16 July 2019

Manoj!

If the society is not yet registered, then you are not liable to pay the transfer charges ot the proposed society. Let the Society produces any document to prve that they have applied for the registration.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 October 2019

1.  IF there is no registered society as on date of your purchase agreement, THEN such demands amounts to extortion & intimidation, more so since such transfer fee amounts CANNOT be reflected in such any unregistered body /society /association /whatever ....

2.  You can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like cheating, intimidation, fraud, breach of trust etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting documents. 

3.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet. 

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register