Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (smt)     11 March 2014

Unreasonable deductions from security deposit

Hi,

My ex-landlord is making unreasonable deductions from the security deposit of 50k, whereas i just lived there for 2 months in the house.

1)He's charging me for painting charges ( whereas it is clearly mentioned in the rent lease agreement that--13. The tenant shall pay the painting charges and cleaning charges depending on market rates at the time of termination subjected to a maximum of one month rent or Rs. 20,000/- whichever is lower from security deposit. Painting charges will be applicable after 11 months from start of this agreement or it can be before 11 months also if wall paint condition is not good.)

2)He's charging 1000 bucks for cleaning of woodwork whereas no damage was done

3) The notice period was 2 months- 1. In case Tenant wants to vacate or the owner wants his premises back, both the parties should inform (in writing) each other by giving 2 (TWO) month advance notice. 
HE GAVE US THE NOTICE OF JUST 3 WEEKS TO VACATE THE PREMISES. SO PLEASE SUGGEST WHETHER HE SHOULD CHARGE THE RENT FOR LAST 2 MONTHS OR NOT

4)Now he's been living in that house for almost 20 days, and he's complaining that he found 2-3 cockroaches and ants in the house. So now he'll charge us for the pest control

PLEASE IN URGENT NEED OF HELP... HE'S JUST HARASSING US... CAN I ALSO FILE AN FIR AGAINST HIM? PLEASE SUGGEST

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register