LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurpreet Singh   11 November 2019

Threats given by wife & her parents

Hi, I'm seeking advice that what should someone do to safeguard him & his parents when his wife gives threats to commit suicide or 498A, using very abusive language to his parents & even grapple with him. Her parents also supports her & giving threats to file case of 498A & domestic violence..Only demand/wish is to be separated from his parents.. It's my own case. I'm living with my father,(mother is no more) wife & 3 years old daughter..got married 4 years ago but half of the time my wife spent at her parent's home as problem started just after one month of marriage.. Initially, her father took charge & tried to teach her..but mother continuously motivated her to get separated..now her father is also not giving response & favouring her..we had meetings 3-4 times in presence of elders.. every time wife felt sorry & we compromised..2 years back they filed case of 498A & domestic violence at women cell..but women cell incharge found nothing in complaint & again we had compromise..now again wife & her parents are giving threats on regular basis so that I may get separated from father but I can't leave my 66 years old father in any case.. I'm only son..I'm ready to leave my wife instead as I'm fed up now from her threats & most importantly, her abusive language.. this incident happened just 3 days back & now my wife is in her parent's home for some marriage function where I'm also invited but I'm not going..things were normalised 2 days back & now we are talking on phone once/twice in a day for just 1-2 mins.. Pls suggest what should i do to safeguard myself & my father in any mishap..

Learning

6 Replies

Sb Karma   11 November 2019

Originally posted by : Gurpreet Singh
Hi, I'm seeking advice that what should someone do to safeguard him & his parents when his wife gives threats to commit suicide or 498A, using very abusive language to his parents & even grapple with him. Her parents also supports her & giving threats to file case of 498A & domestic violence..Only demand/wish is to be separated from his parents.. It's my own case. I'm living with my father,(mother is no more) wife & 3 years old daughter..got married 4 years ago but half of the time my wife spent at her parent's home as problem started just after one month of marriage.. Initially, her father took charge & tried to teach her..but mother continuously motivated her to get separated..now her father is also not giving response & favouring her..we had meetings 3-4 times in presence of elders.. every time wife felt sorry & we compromised..2 years back they filed case of 498A & domestic violence at women cell..but women cell incharge found nothing in complaint & again we had compromise..now again wife & her parents are giving threats on regular basis so that I may get separated from father but I can't leave my 66 years old father in any case.. I'm only son..I'm ready to leave my wife instead as I'm fed up now from her threats & most importantly, her abusive language.. this incident happened just 3 days back & now my wife is in her parent's home for some marriage function where I'm also invited but I'm not going..things were normalised 2 days back & now we are talking on phone once/twice in a day for just 1-2 mins..
Pls suggest what should i do to safeguard myself & my father in any mishap..

There are many cases happens in past which support husband side too

so please contact good local lawyer he will support your side,don't worry if you are not guilty then sure you will get remedy

Approxly same i have replied earlier with many cases reference....find from below for case list---

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=205470&offset=0

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 November 2019

If you have evidence of indecent and cruel behavior of your wife then nothing much will go against you and your father. We cannot stop anyone from filing cases but fate of the case will be decided on merits of each case.

Thank you Sir..need to mention that they are threatening us to file case..but they know I have many recordings of her cruel behaviour & abusive language..they filed complaint at women cell but nothing happened in their favour..Women cell Incharge also scolded them for same..Issue here is as we are suffering with cruel behaviour, grappling & abusive language..we are being harassed mentally.. Some well-wishers advised us to go to CP office and file complaint but i don't know if it will be much helpful or not..pls guide on this too

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 November 2019

Your father may claim remedy under senior citizen act 2007

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 November 2019

My dear when the woman goes loose the time is right to tight the noose.

DOn't ever think of leaving your parents becasue they you as hope of life for rest of the days...you can get a brand new wife but can never get parents as they are.

Just if you think you cannot afford to bear it any more and the relationship of husband wife has no necter to feed  cut it now

Arrange for divorce and live your life...Just she is already exposed by her beheaviour and police too knew her drama...just keep recording and create enough evidance your friends ,neighbours involve then to testify for you

FIRE THE DIVORCE...

Thank you Sir..I was also going for divorce but then everyone remind me about my daughter..I love my daughter very much & I don't know she will give me her custody or not..My daughter made no mistake but she has to live without me & same for me too.. Also, as i came to know, there are much obligations & harassment for several years if I file case..they may get the case transferred into their city (200 Kms from my city) & I will have to travel with my father at each hearing..I know they will involve my father also into harassment, dowry & domestic violence..they did same last time in women cell also..my father cannot travel 400 Kms for hearing..pls guide if there's any way out that may cease case transfer.. And yes, what about maintenance..?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register