Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shm   08 March 2018

Threats against nri when visting india?

Hello -

I am an NRI living abroad. Came to India 5 years ago and married a girl (Hindu marriage) and we both stayed overseas for few years. Long story short, the girl subjected me to mental and physical abuse. It is usually other way around, but it was in reverse for me.

Not withstanding, I decided to end it and suggested to end it amicably. Girl is in India now and filed an RCR case against me, but wrote up all possible false claims to file the same DV, 498A, maintenance etc. against me if I don't surrender. I am still in overseas and I need to attend the court hearing in India.

Questions:

1. I got threats from the other party that they will seize my passport, go to indian embassy and screw me over my immigration visa status etc. if I don't attend. Is this true?

2. Even if I visit India, what guarantee do I have that they won't bribe police and get me arrested or seize my passport? How can an NRI protect himself from such threats ahead of the travel?

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     08 March 2018

First suggestion, don't come to India unless you're sure no criminal compliant registered against you. Secondly, if you visit India after you're sure no criminal compliant registered against you, don't worry no one including police seize your passport. Police doesn't have that power unless they got order from court and if no criminal compliant registered against you, no court will give any such order. Thirdly, the Indian court or government of India take action against your passport, the visa of foreign country is not under the control of either of these two Indian authorities so don't worry about that part.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 March 2018

Hope you have irrefutable evidences of all instances mentioned by you.

Approach a very able Senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having a successful track record …and worth his/her salt…ASAP..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register