Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Y.SARATH BABU (ADVOCATE)     15 March 2010

TERMINATION OF LEASE

Hello to all forum member,

I have land to an extent of 5 acres given to lease.  I have given that land on lease for 25 years now it was completed 11 years.  now i have to terminate the lease.  Please suggest me any one how can i terminate that lease which was not completed the lease period.  Due to the lack of knowledge i have entered the lease for 25 years.  Please give the points how can i terminate the lease.

Learning

3 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     15 March 2010

File a petition before the rent controller (statutory authority) that you require the premises for your occupation.  "Owner' s occupation"  is a good ground to claim the premises even if the lease is subsisting.

(Guest)

Do you need any outsider's advice Mr.Sarath Babu, Advocate sir? O.K. You may send a notice to the other side of your intention to determine the lease now itself by giving your side bonafide reasons of requirement either for yourself or your family members. Is there any clause envisaging power/right to give any prior notice to terminate the lease before the full period, if so, you may quote it and exercise your power. If the other side claims any compensation if your Lease Deed provides it, you are legally obliged to compensate the lessee, otherwise, negotiate with them and come to terms. For further advice, please contact our advocate friends of your city/town.

niranjan (civil practice)     15 March 2010

I think it is only your lease deed that can help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register