Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prabhjot kaur (proprietor)     03 October 2008

TDS query

I need advice on following issues:

1. If I deposit 75crores in bank for 5years,quarterly compounding in my company (proprietorship) name,

when they will deduct TDS?

• At the end of 5 years?
  • Or every financial year?
  • Or every quarter(since the interest is more than 10000rs/quarter)?
  • how much they will deduct?

2.I have to pay Rs.3.5 Crores as service charges to an individual(HE owns a company too),how much TDS I should deduct?

Learning

5 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     03 October 2008

as per my knoledge , when the interest will be provided that time the tds will be detected and paid in stuplated period of time to the govt account.once the end of the year the tds certificate will be issued to u. tds rate 10 with 3%cess

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     03 October 2008

The income tax act says that TDS has to be deducted at the time of credit of the interest or the actual payment whichever is earlier.

Since the interest is compounded quarterly, it is getting credited into the FD amount quarterly........hence the TDS has to be deducted quarterly only.........]

The amount to be deducted is as per the rates prescribed.....which may vary from year to year ......for A.Y.08-09 i.e.  11.33%

As for ur second query .........TDS is deducted considering the nature of payment.........first pls tell me what kind of service u have availed.......and rate shall be levied accordingly........................

anudhansh (job)     11 October 2008

tell us about rates

anudhansh (job)     11 October 2008

rate of tds on contract

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     11 October 2008

wat u exactly want.

u mean tds rate for contractor  is 2 % tax with 3% cess on the tax amount

if it is subcontract then 1% tax and 3% cess on the tax amount

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register