Starting construction on gifted land


I am planning to start construction on a piece of land gifted by my mother through Gift Deed ( Dhana Pathiram). This property has patta ( old ) for the entire piece of land ( undivided) on my mother's name. The total property size is 4000 Sqft and i got 2000 Sqft thrugh gift deed. We have applied for new patta with the government. I would like to know what steps i need to take before starting construction on my share of land. Should i go building approval , just for constructing compund wall for my property. 


You may check the rules from the authority under whose jurisdiction the property falls…………..e.g; MC.

If the gift deed is registered then apply for change of title in mutation records.





You can construct a compound wall without permission from authorities. 

However please be informed that you cannot construct any building on the land without building permission from municipal authorities.

Also You need to apply for mutation in municipal records/ Mandal revenue records as you are the rightful owner  based on the gift deed. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu