Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Standard Chartered Bank Sold My Banking Credentials to Shaha

Page no : 2

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 July 2011

Kindly obtain the certified copy of your loan application and rejection letter from all banks.

You can file criminal/civil suite for defamation and lowering your prestige. Your lawyer can advice you, on this in detail. The list of RBI officials is there, but does not have email id's. If possible please update the same.

Congrats for your dream car. It is good that you are not availing loan from bank and have managed from your resources. It is always better that the near and dear ones come forward.

CIBIL is being exploited by banks to arm twist the hapless citizens, to submit to their unfair, illegal practices. No bank shall easily, ever supply the copy of the communication sent by them to CIBIL:

-to declare a citzen defaulter.

-and after the court orders, to remove the name of citizen from the list of defaulters.

-majority of the customers are not aware that what is the status updated by the bank/cc company with CIBIL e.g. Status: Options include: Suit filed, Willful default, Suit filed (Willful Default), Written off, Suit filed and written off, Willful default and written off, and Suit filed (willful default) and written off.

This can be seen at following link;

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Welcome%20to%20CIBIL.htm

Any bank shall run away from the customer after looking at this status.

Hence the citizen should be careful to ask the bank/cc company to submit the report in court itself, in which name of bank/cc company is mentioned, if it is court case, along with the copies of the communications sent to CIBIL before and after the court case, or if it is not court case, ask the bank/cc company  to supply it without any cost or at the most with a payment of maximum Rs.50/.

CIBIL is out of the preview of RTI act.

Banks/CC companies are so afraid of RTI act that SBI card was declared a public entity and under the preview of RTI act by CIC, and the company ran to HC and obtained stay order.

All banks and their CC companies and all CC companies should be under the preview of RTI.

Use all of your resources to bring SCB to their knees.

Attached File : 60926 193764 9 welcome to cibil.doc downloaded: 149 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 August 2011

Kindly update the forum on developments.

Ajit (Technology Consultant)     15 August 2011

Sorry team, It's just that I am waiting for updates from all the different places, I will update the latest happenings as and when possible.

vasugee (house wife)     14 October 2011

Hello Mr Ajith,

Any update on your postings, I am also in the same situation, pl do write

this link also gives us the same message

https://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/71714/

vasugee

vasugee (house wife)     14 October 2011

Can anybody suggest how to face this Shah finlease please?

Vasugee

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2011

Tit fot Tat. That should be the starategy. It may require some investment of time and money but it shall be rewarding.

Ajit (Technology Consultant)     14 October 2011

First of all, my sincere apology to the forum members and people following this thread, there were more than one reasons for not actively updating the thread with all the latest happennings.

1. I did not want the other party to get a clue of what is happenning and whats the next course of action, hence any PM's sent to me will be handled for people in need.

2. I was really busy with mutiple international and domestic trips in the recent past.

Here is some update which I feel is safe enough to share with everyone (EVERYONE)

In addition to all the things I have done so far, I have now got a Legal notice sent to SCB through a law firm, below is the email.

------------------->8--------------------------------------------------

Dated: 30-9-2011

CEO

Standard Chartered Bank
90,MG Road, Fort

Mumbai-400001

NOTICE BEFORE TAKING ACTION AGAINST YOU

Dear Sir,

We have received a complaint against you from your consumer Mr. Ajit Patil of Ghaziabad (Tel. no. XXXXXXXXXX) that states as follows:

1)       You have conducted Unfair Trade Practice under Section 2 (1) (r) of the Consumer Protection Act by selling the personal credentials of the consumer to a non RBI authorised firm causing security threat to the consumer as his personal details like date of birth, mother’s maiden name, permanent address, telephone number, PAN number, driving licence number, etc have been disclosed, which can be used for conducting financial frauds in his financial accounts.

2)       There is severe deficiency in your services, as you have not only did a blunder but also tried to defend that you followed the RBI rule by misleading the consumer.

Under such circumstances, we request you to immediately compensate the consumer with Rs. 5,00,000=00 for causing losses, harassment, inconvenience and mental agony to him.

If you fail to do the needful, we shall take further action against you seeking higher compensation of Rs. 10,00,000.

You are also requested to record corrections in the consumer’s CIBIL notings.

All action will be at your costs and risks, which please note.

Yours truly,

XXX XXX

-------------------------------------------------------------8<-------------------------------

As usual, I received a response marked just to me (this email was not in response to the Legal Notice) stating the same blah blah blah.."for all future communication, please contact Shaha...blah blah blah)

It was really very irritating to even respond to such email all over again, so I decided to just type a one liner and advised to respond to our legal notice, I am still waiting for a resonse though.

Will keep everyone updated, thanks for the support.

Regards,

Ajit Patil

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2011

It shall be appropriate to send a written communication to SCB instructing them that you are prohibiting them and  withdrawing your email id, phone numbers  from them and their record with immediate effect and they shall delete it from their record at once and confirm their compliance to your instructions in writing by a letter on their letter head under original seal and signature by hand by their competent employee whose full name with sir name , department, designation, full address with pin code, official fax number/mobile number/phone number with STD code should be written below his official/company  seal, and they shall supply their letter by regd/speed post of dept. of posts govt of India only.. Any attempt to push any email at your email id, or phone call at your personal phone number, by them or their partners/associates/agencies whatsoever, whosoever shall be treated as offending and shall dealt with severely in a lawful manner. They shall communicate in writing by a letter in the style and manner as instructed above, only.

The info available at link:

https://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/71714/

Posted by vasugee and RBI link in above link is useful.

vasugee (house wife)     15 October 2011

Mr Ajit Bhai,

Thanks for the updation, so is that nothing we could do? Haven't you recd any from Banking Ombudusman ?

Is this the justice we get in democratic country? Mera Bharat Mahan!

and I would like to thank you and appreciate you for taking so much strain, as this could pave way for thousands of SCB customers to reach to a solution.

Thanking you

Vasugee

Ajit (Technology Consultant)     15 October 2011

Banking Ombudsman went into a completely different direction and failed to treat the complaint the way we would have expected it to.

Basically, my report to Banking Ombudsman had contained multiple issues with SCB, for instance.

1. Unrealistic amount demand for an outstanding amount of mere few thousands.

2. Their demand to contact SAHA finlease for everything.

3. Selling my credentials to SHAH.

4. SCB failing to close my card account after my request to do so causing this mess.

But unfortunately, BO only considered the first issue as the only issue and demanded clarification from SCB, in return SCB replied with the "ACCOUNTS" of my credit card explaining how the amount has bumped up to this level and they are genuinely trying to help my by settling the amount to just 15k. 

BO at Bangalore closed the case in response to the above reply from SCB and failed to intimate me about it due to their local logistic/administrative issues. It was only after I went to RBI Bangalore to get an update on the case I realized that the case was closed and I was promised that the conclusion will be mailed to me.

(What the heck, why was I not informed, blah blah blah things starting up in my mind)

I then appealed to the Appellate Authority to reconsider the conclusion and ANSWER me as to why BO failed to keep me updated constantly, I had sent letters to all the below people at RBI

Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty , Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India , Mumbai

Shri Kaza Sudhakar (Chief General Manager) , Customer Service Department , Mumbai

Shri M. Palanisamy, Banking Ombudsman Office, Bangalore

Shri G. Jaganmohan Rao, Chief General Manager-in-Charge , Department of Banking Supervision, Mumbai

and was surprised to receive a one page routine response stating I am free to approach any other grievance redressal authority in accordance with the law and there is nothing BO can do here.

Honestly, I was very disappointed and felt helpless inspite of having such a strong BO scheme (This reminds me of Anna Hazare's anshan, you never know to what extent corruption can paralyze a system or scheme) the entire communication (email and personal visit to Bangalore BO office) can be safely compared with a communication you normally have with city municipal corporation, if you know what I mean, nevertheless, I would still recommend people approaching/considering BO to give it a shot, one bit of a advise here.

"Do not put many/multiple things in the complaint; this will take the whole thing in a different direction and most of the time not in favor of you (You can probably guess why)"

I then decided to take things in my own hands and decided to fight things in the court myself and that is where I am right now. The credit goes to my family and friends at good government positions, although these people greatly want to help me with their respective powers but I am willingly keeping them all away and trying it all by myself first to taste it all.

vasugee (house wife)     20 October 2011

Hello All,

Pl check the following link

https://www.thinkplaninvest.com/2009/09/credit-report-from-cibil/

Vasugee

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 October 2011

CIBIL is not under the preview of RTI act. The applicant has to pay a fee to CIBIL to obtain credit report

As per RBI guidelines customer can demand the credit report from bank and maximum fee allowed by RBI is Rs.50/ which is much lower than fee charged by CIBIL. Each bank can decide its fee however it can not be more than Rs.50/.

Let us see how much fee is decided by CIBIL for online reports and whether RBI withdraws max. limit of Rs.50/ or not?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 December 2011

Kindly update. This shall help many who visit the forum.

Ajit (Technology Consultant)     01 January 2012

As SCB have not responded to my notice, I am preparing to file a case in the consumer court, but due to the fact that there are multiple addresses involved, I mean I have moved about 3-4 times after the last updated address with SCB, I am currently getting some advice from a lawyer I know of to figure out the best place to file the case.

I also have plans of relocating again so was also concerned about attending the hearings. I will update the forum member soon after I file a case, I am not invloving any lawyer at this stage as I want to experience everything all by myself.

Thanks for the support. 

Indian Consumer (Service)     17 July 2012

Hi,

I have gone thru your full case and review, I really wish to thank you first of all for going so far against the injustice suffered in the hands of the banks and so-called laws.

I am in a similar situation like you and wish to speak to you abt how to handle without involving any lawyers.

Please send me your contact number at my email id : studimaterial@yahoo.in

Hope to hear soon positively.

Thanks,

Saini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register