Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Karunakaran (Self)     12 July 2017

Stamp duty - maharastra

Respected Lawyers/Members,

I am from Tamil Nadu & my wife is from Maharastra.  Marrige was done & registered at Tamil Nadu.

My wife has home in Akola, Maharastra and wants to gift deed in my favor. 

In the sub-registrar office, I was advised to pay 3% stamp duty and 30,000/- registration charges because it is gift from wife to husband.  The Rs.500/- is applicable to only for husband to wife - gift deed.

I did google search and understood that gift deed stamp duty is only Rs.500/-.  I am confused.

Members, please advise me on how much charges I have pay and help me download the necessary department circulars regarding the stamp duty and registration charges applicable towards gift deeds. 

Thank You Very Much.

Regards.

KK Chettiar

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 July 2017

Check at website of the dept.

Local counsel specializing in revenue matters can also help you.

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     13 July 2017

Please search again.

The concessesation stamp fee payable in Maharashtra  for transfer of property among close relatives seem to be withdrawn.

Please visit:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/personal-finance-news/maharashtra-government-revokes-decision-to-hike-stamp-duty-on-property-gift-deeds/articleshow/58745897.cmshttps://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/personal-finance-news/maharashtra-government-revokes-decision-to-hike-stamp-duty-on-property-gift-deeds/articleshow/58745897.cms

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 July 2017

The SRO, Deedwriters,local counsel have latest notifications.

Check locally.

The relation is not covered in list for exemption/waiver one has to pay accrodingly.

K Karunakaran (Self)     14 July 2017

Sir/s

Thank you very much for the replies.

There is no official announcement by the Maharastra Government with regard to increase in stamp duty and registration charges.

There was only news paper announcements about increase and withdrawl of increase due to protest from the political parties.

I have done the extensive search through google and official department site, I could not find anything to support the increase in stamp duty.  The 2015 official announcement is effective as of now, which clearly state gift deed charges are Rs.500/- only for residential properties.

I don't know how to convice the SRO.

Once again thank you very much for replies.

Regards.

KK Chettiar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 July 2017

Take help of local counsels.

LCI experts Mr. Hemant Agarwal, Mr. Kishore Mehta,Mr. Madhu,Mr. M V Gupta, Mr. Yogen Kakade are from the state and you can benefit from their counsel. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register