Speacial marriage act divorce

i was married to usa citizen in august 2016 at jalandhar office and got certificate for the same. but after that she leaves india and we are not together and not in touch past year and half and she left and move on. and i want divorce paper for me . how can i get and what will be the process anhd timing . as in auagust 2018 will be two years not together.h.. please help me how to get the divorce certificate to show my self divorcee for my future career and marriage.


You have to apply for divorce on the ground of cruelty now or after August 2018 on grounds of cruelty and desertion of two years or more. The process will take few months or a year or so because the court summons had to be served upon your wife outside India and through Ministery of Law and Indian High Commission in her country. That itself will take 6-8 months time. The Family Court will not proceed ex-parte against your wife unless satisfied that process of sending summons to her, and she been served upon. After the court proceeds ex-parte, not much just time will take to decide and allow you divorce.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu