LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Shared parenting - just a thought Part 1

A statement:  A child is not a lifestyle accessory or a possession that any of us has a right to. Let's be honest about the hurt we cause when we deny children a traditional family life. Even if it conflicts with our own desires, let's do all that we can to give every child a mom and a dad. Even if it requires sacrifice and humility, let's wake up to the consequences of selfish choices and do the right thing -- for the kids.

I believe in above.

Kindly discuss un-biased way.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

sir its not possible in india. even if u are under judicial separation or divorced laws are not in ur favour. its risky

Daksh (Student)     23 August 2010

Mr.D.Arun Kumar,

I fully agree and endorse your point of view for the following reasons.  For practical reasons we are rapidly forgetting the value of joint family which has its inbuilt benefits.  Secondly in view of the explosion of means of communication, easy monetary access and changing educational, moral values for today's generation I comes first instead of "WE".

Ours is a evolving economy and actually neither the state  guarantees that no one will sleep hungry nor it is able to impart education to all.  The society is just surviving on might is right instinct. 

Last but not least after working like ants even if our generation tries to secure the future of our children in shape of physical comforts and monetary security (mind it they have not earned it in the hard ways we have) the very big question is imparting of the moral and ethical values by elders for which the humility is a prerequisite.  As evidently it is necessary and prerequisite of any flourishing relationship that instead of expecting anything we ought and should do our best without expecting anything in return.  The same applies to this generation as well.    Our children might not be that practical but that doesn't mean that we become selfish and or forget our duties towards them.

Once again kudos for raking in such thought provoking topic.

Best Regards

Daksh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register