Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA)     05 April 2019

Self aquired property of grandfather - can i claim share

Dear All Experts,

Urgently need suggestions in one of the case wherein my grandfather had bought one property i.e. Agriculture land many years ago (around 40-50 years back), and unfortunately he had gone past in 2015 and left will stating that mentioned property shall be used by his three sons excluding my father. My father having his 3 brothers and 2 sisters. however my grandfather used to say that he will give equivalent share to my father as well ( becuase my father didnt had much wealth, while rest his brothers occupiled good amount of wealth already). 

We are in some strange situation as we also feel that said will might be faulty and fake. 

I Need your honored suggestions in this above matter, whether i can claim share in the above property being a grandson, as the said property will be ansestral for me. peopole told me that my father cant ask for his share becuase said property was self aquired by my grandfather and he can give it to anyone. 

For your kind information matter related to Rajasthan state and any urgent help would be very appreciable.

Thanks and Regards

CA Lokesh Pokharna

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 April 2019

JI, as per Will executed by your grandfather is final as he died. Did you see and read that Will?  Why doubt about Will?  If you have any doubts regarding the Will, and if you have copy, consult a local lawyer for guidance

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 April 2019

The property self-acquired by any individual can be dealt with by him as per his wish and will and legal heirs are not having any rights.

When you have admitted that the property was self-acquired by your GF you have no rights.

When he has executed a will the last opportunity has also missed.

You can obtain a copy of the will and investigate to find out irregularities in the will (Fraud/forgery etc).

Contact a local advocate and he can guide you a further course of action.

Shashi Dhara   06 April 2019

U go and engage any advocate who charges nominal fee and fight for justice in court.who knows that judgement is for or against.if once u steps to court it doesn't ends they may come to compromise.if they contest justice for us surely it takes 25yrs.throw stone to tree fruit may fall or maynot don't bother about result.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register