Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi (Analyst)     10 April 2010

Right of a Son or Mother on Father's Property

Hi,

My Father is in negotiations with a party to sell our flat, however we (Me & my Mother) are against it, My father & Grand Mother are adamant that they want to sell the flat & Me & my mother are against it. The decision of selling the flat arose due to disputes between my mother & father. Now my father says that he will sell the property & share the amount between my Grandmother & himself.

Are there any rights that my mother or I have in this case ?? neither me or my mother are listed on the property.

Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     10 April 2010

you have not mentioned the nature of the property.If it is self earned property your father ,can sell it but your mother has charge over the property. If the property is ancestral your father cannot sell the property.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     11 April 2010

If the property is in the name of your father, i.e. purchased by your father, he can sell it.

Neither you nor your mother has any right.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     11 April 2010

If you have any proof that hte flat was purchased by him the consideration came out of selling of ancstral property or total family earnings oyu can establish right.if it your dweling house enter yourmother;s name in property card.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More