LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   25 December 2016

Relinquishment deed ghaziabad

I am considering a property which is owned jointly by father and son and father expired. For selling the property either all the legal heirs need to execute a relinquishment deed in favour of son or the sales deed need to be executed by all the legal heirs (incuding son). The property dealer is telling me that he confirmed from sub-registrar office Ghaziabad that relinquishment deed doesn't work in Ghaziabad. Somehow its hard to believe him, so I plan to vist the sub-registar office myself.

Any information about the same will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Amit

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     25 December 2016

Don't beleive on Dealers.

Release deed with consent of all legla heirs in favour of son is sufficient document for getting full legal right over the property.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my LCI proifle?

1 Like

Amit   25 December 2016

A related question. In places of release deed, if all the legal heirs sign the sale deed will it work?

Thanks,

Amit

Gagandeep Goel (Advocate)     29 December 2016

Generally it is presumed that the property dealers advise the client is in the wrong direction.

Since the father and the son were equal owners of the property therefore for selling the share of the father;  relinquishment deed of all the legal hairs shall be necessary and the same may be obtained by filing a suit of declaration in the court whereby the court shall pass a decree to the said effect.

It's not a long process and we can expect results within 2 months

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register