Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (S.E)     11 September 2010

Regarding Sale Deed

Dear Sir,

This is with regards to a residential property in Bangalore built by my maternal grandfather in 1960s. After his demise his heirs(my mother, maternal uncle and grandmother ) have decided to renovate and extend the house as well as add a new floor. The Khata has also been transferred to my maternal grandmothers name. However we do not have a sale deed for the house. It appears that my grandfather has not collected it in the first place . We were informed by BBMP authorities that he should have collected it by 1977. Whats the procedure for obtaining the sale deed? Will we be able to get the original sale deed - more than 3 decades after when it should have been collected ? Are there any other charges that will be levied for this delay in collecting the sale deed. Right now, we have all other documents including Khata, Encumebrance certificate etc. I request you to please help me by providing this info.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     14 September 2010

You are at liberty to verify the issueance of the sale deed with the help of Khata and encumbrnce certificate,and if found issued you can apply for a copy. If  not issued,you should apply for declaration,for which you can consult the lawyer.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     25 September 2010

Dear Deepak,

There are chances to findout original if really ur grandfather failed to take that original document

for this the sub-registrar may charge u some official feel for taking the document delayed on tracing that by them(unofficially also they may expect).

If it not found better do as Issaac Sir suggested

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register