LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajender Singh (ca)     20 December 2010

is this will valid?

Pls guide if i can go ahead with this or it should be amended?

I (Name), s/o (Name), r/o (address) do hereby on this day of (date) declare the rights of all movable and immovable properties, investments, insurances, bank deposits etc. after my death.

That None of my assets or belongings to be given to Smt (name) daughter of (name) who at present is my wife.

That all rights of sale / transfer /posession of all movable and immovable properties / assets to be given to my mother(name) and after her to my brother(name). During her life my mother has the right to transfer/sell/will these assets as per her wishes.

executee Name     Sign                         witness 1 Name         Sign                      witness 2 Name     Sign

Can i just write it on A4 paper and keep in safe custody of it has to be on stamp paper and has to be registered ?

The aim is to prevent my assets going to my wife who has not only deserted me but registered false 498a case on me and my family.

Learning

3 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     20 December 2010

will is valid but inforce after the death of testator.

M.Kumar, Madurai (Advocate,)     20 December 2010

Will valid only to the extent of your self acquired property.

If your mother is given full right then how can your brother also get fullright?-- curtail your mothers right to only lifetime enjoyment and then pass full right after her life to your brother. Or stop with your mothers full right and say nothing about your brother.

Another option is divorce your wife and she cannot claim anything but maintenance from you.

Gajender Singh (ca)     21 December 2010

thanx for the valuable advice,

need further advice what about my ancestral property? cant i include that in my will ? How can i save that from my wife? we dont hv any kid. Also we have some ancestral property as agricultural land also, i want to save that too.

she dont want to give me divorce, otherwise i would have not indulged in will and all at 34:))

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register