LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DEVAPRASAD P V   02 June 2016

Probate of will

My sister (divorcee & no legal heir) having her property in Guduvanchery (near chennai) made a will (registered) in madurai when she was sick (cancer) because I was in madurai taking care of her. Now she expired two month back now I need clarification with respect to:

1. Because she was sick unable to move, will was made and registered in madurai. Question is whether will is valid or not, property in guduvanchery but will was registered in madurai.

2. Probate of will is required in court of law for the property in guduvanchery (near chennai) but not in chennai. Whether guduvanchery falls under presidency town of Madras(now chennai).

Situation 1: If the will is valid and property does not falls under presidency town of madras, what is the procedure of transfer of property.

Situation 2: other wise if the will is valid and property falls under presidency town of madras, what is the procedure of transfer of property.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     02 June 2016

As will is registered it is valid will.

Consult local lawyer.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 June 2016

Sir, 

Probatation of the will is mandatory. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 June 2016

Apply for probate of the will

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 June 2016

---Whether guduvanchery falls under presidency town of Madras(now chennai).

You need to confirm!

---Situation 1: If the will is valid and property does not falls under presidency town of madras, what is the procedure of transfer of property.

Probate is not required.

---Situation 2: other wise if the will is valid and property falls under presidency town of madras, what is the procedure of transfer of property.

Probate is mandatory.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 June 2016

I sail with the reply of  Sr expert Kumar Doabji.The author needs to provide requisite information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register