pressure thru police for settlement of civil case

Social Worker


In a dispute between the Landlord & Tenant over the Security Deposit, a case is filed against the Tenant in the Rent Tribunal. The tenant who has links with some Senior Officers  of the Rank of ADG, files a complaint (NOT FIR) in the local Police Station (after knowledge of the civil case) & uses his links to pressurize the landlord (through the SHO) to withdraw the case & enter upon a compromise with the tenant .


What is the remedy (Pl give both Civil & Criminal) available with the Landlord against the

(i)          Officers exerting pressure on the SHO to pressurize Landlord

(ii)        The tenant who is getting all this done despite knowledge of the pending case against him

(iii)       Does it also constitute a contempt of Court?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x