Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yashas (NW)     17 December 2018

Precautions to be taken before construction

Hello,

My mom got a property gifted in year 2003 from her father and mother which is registered in the sub-registrar's office which is mentioned that it is a self earned property and they are gifting to my mom with their love and affection as she is taking care of them in their old age.

In the year 2010 after my grand mother died (who gifted the property to my mother),  few of my mom's siblings put up a case in the Honorable Civil Court claiming share in the property.

The case got disposed on 5-Aug-2017 due to non-availabilty of Plaintiff for more than a year.

Now My mom has gifted this property to me and my wife on 9-Nov-2018 and I have started to re-build a new house at this place.

Recently, I saw one of my mom's sibling taking a look at the property.  Due to this, I have a feeling that they might put up a legal case once again.

Please provide your advise here on any precautions I need to take, so that they do not get a stay or injunction order to stop the consturction work.  I have taken a bank loan and will be at loss if the construction of the property is stopped at this point.

Thanks,

Yashas.

Learning

1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   17 December 2018

U file caveat in competent court for every 90 days upto 4tofive yrs. Contact local advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register