Polilce came to my home and asked me to come to station

Dear respected lawyers,

My wife and I had argument. My wife went to her parents which is another city around 70 kms away.

Next day 1 sub inspector and two constables came to my home and told that your wife filed a complaint so you have to come to police station with us. They didn't bring arrest warrant or any other documents. They just came and asked me to come with them. Not sure whether my wife filed FIR was filed or not

What should I have done in this situation? Should I go with them? What they can do if I deny to go with them? Can they forcefully take me to their station?

Please give any other details what should a person do in this situation. Thanks in advance.


Please Sir, you aren't a film star, a politician, a big govt. official or an antisocial (VIPs) so that the police will need court order to send you the invitation to visit their police station for investigation, but being an ordinary citizen, any head constable may pick you up and put you in their lock up in the name of investigation of a crime. Please cooperate with the police and visit the police station without fear. My only request is to not to take 'panga' with the Indian police, if you are an ordinary citizen.

if possible take local Advocate with you

In U.P. no advocate dare to accompany the accused at the police station.

You tell me police station name will send someone after paying his due charges/fees.


Please don't boast.

It is presumed that your wife has filed a FIR against you and also you can judge this from type of arguments with your wife. No need to afraid .thanks



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu