LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushil Pal (Director)     08 August 2012

Pf related issue

We are going to hire 1 candidate for our company. Her salary will be around 6000/- (total). Is P.tax deduction necessary ? What would be the P.Tax percentage deduction from the salary ? Will i have to open the PF a/c of her?

Learning

7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2012

IT deduction must?

PF account must

Sushil Pal (Director)     01 September 2012

Dear Mr. Sudhir Kumar,

The salary is Rs. 6000/- only.

Is IT deduction must?? As the total salary is Rs. 72000/-.

Request you to Kindly expalin..

Thanks in advance.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2012

IT may not be due. PF is due if you are employing more than 19 employees including daily wager, ad-hoc, outsources, part time etc.

A.Ramamoorthy (Consultant Accounts/EDP)     10 October 2012

Dear Sir,

I am working on a consolidated pay in a Govt Undertaking Corporation since,Sept.2007 onwards.  My appointment is being approved by Board of Directors consisting IAS (4) and non IAS officials. Initially i was appointed to look after the day to day accounts and entry in tally software, to take care of all computers, printers etc. and to handle all audit parites, viz, internal, statutory, AG audit.  the period of contract has been extended every year in the board and now my extension is from July,2012 to June,2013 with a consolidated pay of Rs.25,000/-PM. I have given to work on FULL TIME basis and work allocation has also been given at par with regular employees.  My age is 60.

I am deducting EPF contribution and remitting the same with managements' equal contribution,  Since my service is on regular full time basis , i have not deducted any TDS as per the auditors view.  I got bonus for the last 5 years.

The New manager is questining regarding the above issues ie., EPF, BOnus, and TDS.  Please clarify  me .  I hope since i have complted 5 years, i am also eligible for Gratuity also, since there has been no break in my service from 2007 onwards.

email ID : armoorthy_akm@yahoo.co.in

A.Ramamoorthy

COnsultant (Accts/EDP)

Attached File : 640906826 appointmentorder.doc downloaded: 80 times

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2012

Mr ramamoorty already has a thread on same query on the issue at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Employees-Provident-Fund-344481.asp

Vaibhav (Consultant)     11 October 2012

PT is dependent on State to State. Kindly provide your location of work.

Rgds

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2012

If you have above 20 employees (including outsources, casual, dailywagers) then PF is compulsory.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register