noc for two wheelers from one state to another

I purchased and registered a Hero Bike in Raipur. on my transfer to tamil nadu I took the bike to Chennai, Tamil Nadu. I did not obtain NOC from Raipur RTO. Anything illegal in doing so? Who can punish me? what will be the charges and maximum punishment. 


No problem.


Retired Manager

Procedure for cross country movement of the vehicle, you should obtain NOC from the RTO with whom your vehicle is registered. With the NOC and the C Book, you should approach the RTO of the place where you now recide to get the vehicle transferred to that place. It involves some procedure and fee payable.  However, 99% do not much bother to do this. Only RTO Officials can question your running a vehicle registered in one state in another state.  However, Police normally harrass the vehicle owner as it is evident for them its an out of state vehicle.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x