my case has finished.can i apply for a passport

I had a police case against me when i was a minor .it happened 15 years ago.I was never imprisonned.My case got over in 1998.I am still not sure if i can apply for a passport.Will i get one.


what  kind of case been lodged on you and now you accuited rte, if no criminal cases then you can apply it


Sorry to say....but to be honest.....it was a case of house break and robbery.i returned all their goods back .the party took their case back and then i attended court hearings for 3 years.later i was cleared by judge

Asst. Vice President (Legal)

If you acquitted from offence alleged by competent court by pronouncement of final order  and appeal period is over  or no appeal preferred within time and no stay is in operation of acquittal order, then on the basis of Certified copy of Acuital Order, you may apply for your Indian Passport Facility, describing all facts in it and attach certified copy of acquittal order.


yes you can  apply for passport as you have been   acquited


Though there seems to be no bar

But mere returning the goods cannot clear you from the offence

Pl quote the Final verdict  i.e the operative portion of the judgement

If a minor at that time the court may have based on tha fact

Were you cleared on the basis of benefit of doubt , mis - understanding of the complainant  , being a minor , you tendering an apology  while returning of goods and accepting the mistake and gving an undertaking that it will not be repeated

The operative portion of the Judgement is extremely inportant

Pl quote it here


Do not worry, apply for a passport and mention about acquittal at the relevant portion in the application and during police verification also mention the same to the police. If your record after the acquital is clean you will surely get a passport.

Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

Dear amitif you apply for fresh passport then no need to worry about it you will be required a certified copy of the judgement of the case. when you apply the passport then attached that judgement and declare in the passport form too.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x