Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yamimo Different   25 March 2019

Message sent for fun on fb messanger is an offense under 66A

Dear Experts,
As we are using spcial media now a days widely. Recently I have sent a message to one of my facebook friend he was connected me since couple of years. The message was a reply to story posted by him. Then he replied me and wrote "Are you mad, edit" so I thought as I was kidding he also has done the same. So I wrote "Why are you writing what your are always!!!" Then after this he started and said he is going file an FIR against me regarding this. You cannot write something like this on my photos, but seriously I have no intention to heart him. After that he blocked me and unfriend me as well.
What should be considered as an offence in this regards? Is this matter can be considered as offense? Now if he complains then what are the consequences? As I am not aware about this that it may hurt me. What should be done in such case. Kindly reply.
Thanks,
Yours Faithfully

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 March 2019

Do not assume things or frightened by threats.  Let him take action and let him establish that your comments are really offending.   Take precautions and avoid posting of such offensive comments in the future, learning a lesson through this incident in between friends.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 March 2019

shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and with fine.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 March 2019

Facts posted suggest that the issue as well as your friendship has ended. Move on. Forget the matter as well the issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register